- How Security Cameras Shield Las Vegas Businesses from Slip and Fall Scams - September 26, 2022
- Las Vegas Home Security for the Construction Rebound - August 26, 2022
- Leaving Vegas for the Weekend? Get Sting Home Security Before You Go! - August 3, 2022
As technology continues to evolve, so does home security. A few decades ago, home security consisted of a simple blaring alarm in case of an intrusion. Nowadays, home security systems are sophisticated multi-sensor alert and control systems that keep an eye on every aspect of your home’s security.
As home security systems are fast becoming a necessity for all, rather than an option for the wealthy, manufacturers have now started equipping security systems with more advanced smart home functionality. Smart home security systems aren’t cheap, so you may be wondering whether or not they are worth the money. Are they a passing trend, or will they actually be able to deliver that added layer of security to your home? At Sting Alarm, we are intimately aware of what smart home security systems can do and the benefits they provide. Let’s take a look at some of the facts to find out whether this innovative technology is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
What are Smart Home Security Systems?
Smart home security systems are built upon home automation technology and allow for you to control many functions in and around your home. They enable you to remotely control security devices, household appliances and electronics all from your desktop, tablet or smartphone. A smart home security system integrates functionality from various smart household devices to enable automated layers of security that better protect your home. A good example of this would be your front door lights turning on automatically when motion is detected by an outdoor camera.
Many of you may already be familiar with Alexa and other voice assistants that can control various appliances like lights and thermostats in your home. When it comes to security however, smart home security systems can provide you with a lot of additional benefits, below we’ve listed just a few.
- A smart home security system enables you to arm and disarm your security system remotely.
- Smart locks allow you to lock and unlock your doors remotely and eliminate the need for keys.
- A smart home security system can notify you when you forget to close your garage door and enable you to close it remotely.
- Doorbell cameras can send notifications to your phone and allow you to engage with someone remotely that’s standing at your door.
- Smart thermostats proactively keep your home at an optimal temperature and will help you save on your energy bills!
- Smart lights enable you to schedule your house lights to turn on and off and/or manage them while away.
Are Smart Home Security Systems in Las Vegas Worth It?
Having a quality home security system in your home is very important and can put your mind at ease! If you’re a homeowner, we understand that the safety of your family and property are a top priority. A smart home security system offers you more control over your home’s security and allows you to monitor what is going on in your home, even while you’re away.
Smart home security systems help to ensure you did not leave any entryways open and vulnerable, your kids are safely home from school, your home is not at risk of fire or water damage, thieves are deterred from stealing packages from your doorstep, and so much more!
In 2018, Las Vegas experienced a property crime rate of 2,838.3 per 100,000, which is the highest property crime rate in the state of Nevada. For this reason, along with the benefits listed above, it is clear that installing a smart home security system is a worthy consideration for any Las Vegas homeowner!
Protecting Your Home in Las Vegas
At Sting Alarm, we’re passionate about safeguarding our community. Our Las Vegas home security systems can add additional layers of security to better protect your home and loved ones. Let our team of security professionals help guide you to an informed decision. Give us a call today at 702-737-8464. Our team is waiting to address your concerns and willing to answer questions for you, so why delay?